Avira, one of the best PC security provider, has now entered Android platform with the release of Avira Free Android Security to the market today. The new app includes lot of anti-theft features like remote locking, GPS tracking etc. Install Avira Free Android Security to protect your data and increase your chances of being reunited with your device.
- Make It Scream! – Can’t find your phone? Maybe it isn’t far away or people nearby aren’t aware of the unattended phone. By logging on to the Web Console from any browser, you can trigger a loud noise from the device, even if it was in silent mode.
- Lock the Phone Remotely – Shield your personal information as soon as you think your device is missing. The Remote Lock feature locks the device from the web and can even display a message to the person who finds the device.
- Pinpoint a Missing Phone’s Location – Search for your smartphone the smart way! Avira Free Android Security can locate your device’s signal and display its location on a Google map.
- Call the Owner – Being a hero was never so convenient! The person who finds your locked phone can call and report the discovery by tapping a button on the touchscreen. All you have to do is set an alternate number in the Web Console.
- Manage Multiple Devices - Perfect for families and power users, Avira Free Android Security accommodates up to five devices on a single account. Easily add and remove devices, or adjust preferences for individual devices, right from any web browser.
- Monitor Battery Life and More – The Web Console provides a handy overview of your devices. In one place, you can see remaining battery life and installed Android version as well as device specifics such as model and carrier information.
- View a Device’s Security History – The Web Console stores the history of all Avira Free Android Security functions performed on your device(s). Places a phone has been located, dates and times of remote screams, locks and unlocks are conveniently available online.
For more information and download, visit the Android Marketplace