Preview Pane, a new feature introduced by Google labs, which provides a preview pane to read mail right next to your list of conversations, making mail reading faster and adding more context. It’s probably a very familiar layout to those of you who have used Gmail on a tablet device. It’s going to work especially well if you have a larger resolution screen.
How to Enable Preview Pane
- Log in to your Gmail account and click this link .
- Now search for Preview pane in search box or scroll down the page, you will find preview pane option disabled. Enable Preview Pane option and save the settings.
- After you enable Preview Pane from the Labs tab in Gmail Settings you’ll see a toggle button in the top right corner of your message list, which lets you switch between preview and list views.
- For those of you who have more vertical space you can also move the preview pane below your message list. You can enable this using the dropdown arrow next to the toggle button.
- By default there is a 3-second delay in marking a conversation as read after previewing it. If that doesn’t feel natural to you, you can change the timing in the General tab of settings.
- If you’d like to remove the new layout, simply return to Gmail Settings and disable the lab. Note: Enable Preview Pane option is not a recommended for small resolution users.